Monday, March 23, 2009

Last Jumbo Chemo Treatment Jitters


It's Monday morning and I'm feeling great. I've had a great week and weekend. Wednesday, my friend Judy and I enjoyed a fashionista night at Talbot's spring collection showcase event. I left with a fabulous sun dress (on sale) despite local temps in the 30's and 40's! I imagine walking on the beach, barefoot, wearing the dress, carrying my sandals, feeling the sun on my shoulders and back.
I'll take this image with me to this afternoon's unpleasant chemo treatment.
Friday, my daughter came home from school for a visit. Yea! I love her company and hearing about her remarkably busy life. Each time I see her, I'm again reminded of how strikingly beautiful she is with her pretty dark hair. She's so smart, full of life and energy and boundless enthusiasm. Both of my kids are terrific.
I'm running out of feel good time. By this afternoon, I'll be shot down, exhausted, feeling awful--for the last damned time. Today is my last round of a load of the chemo drugs that make me feel like I've over-partied with Keith Richards. Only worse. Ugh.
The chemo is working and my oncologist is a diva!
Thanks for sharing this feel good moment with me while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment