Thursday, December 17, 2009

Friends celebrate the good times and hold hands during the scary parts -- quote by me!


We only get one day at a time, right?
I'm trying to keep my thoughts attuned to the day, or at least not allow them to run a muck, chasing whatever's waiting for me around the bend.
I have a first C-monster check up after Christmas. I can't think about that. It's too scary.
I did everything I could do. I beat it back, got it out of me. It's gone. It must be gone. Please, keep it gone. It's my only Christmas wish.
Obsessive thoughts.
Thank God I have terrific people in my life. Family and really amazing friends, wonderful people to celebrate the triumphs and hold hands during the scary parts. Heck, I have a lizard in a Santa suit. How lucky can a girl be?
And my favorite people, my two kiddos will be home Saturday. I can't wait. I even like the way they smell! It will be so good to spend Christmas together as a family. I'm going to hug and smell them for two weeks!
I hope you have people you want and need in your life with you at Christmas time. Just having people that we love so desperately in this big world is a blessing, whether you can be together or not.
Thanks, Universe!
Sandra, our lizard, pictured above. Photo credit: Kay Becker. "Christmas Makes Me Smile." Copyright reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment