Saturday, February 13, 2010

Perky Thoughts


Thanks to the skilled hands of my plastic surgeon, I look normal in clothes again! My surgery was a success! We swapped BRICKS for PILLOWS! Aaaaaaahh.

The surgery was almost as easy as a teeth cleaning! So for those of you out there who might be dreading reconstruction surgeries - no worries! Relax.
My surgery was performed at my plastic surgeons almost spa-like surgery suite.
"Now we've warmed your bed, but you let us know if it's too warm or not warm enough."
Wow.
I was home by noon, ate lunch and took a long nap. Recovery involved a total intake of 3 pain pills. This is amazing because I have no tolerance for pain!
I used and recommend Peggy Huddleston's audio-tape, "Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster." It's relaxing and helps redirect thoughts to a place of health and healing.
Somehow, putting this procedure behind me pushed me forward. I am taking my life back a bit at a time. I've started riding my bike again and plan hikes around a local park which features some rather steep terrain. I'm getting stronger, feeling safe enough to say out loud, "I beat the Breast Beast!"
Eternal thanks to my fabulous medical team, family and friends.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Get your hearts out there and be happy!!
If you need more help getting in the mood please ready my column, "Recycle Your Heart" at this WOMAN Newspapers link: http://www.womannewspapers.com/articleDetail.aspx?id=2826

No comments:

Post a Comment